Cold Sweat humbucker
The Cold Sweat humbucker is a tight and percussive ceramic powered humbucker with a high resonant peak, producing clear, detailed treble response and smooth mids.
The custom sized ceramic magnet gives the Cold Sweat humbucker a more controlled dynamic with stacks of output and sustain. The mix of ceramic powered bridge and Alnico V powered neck gives a broad palette of clean and driven tones which creates the perfect tone for a variety of modern rock styles.
The neck humbucker is very popular among shred players for its articulate but fluid tone, and it is ideal for effortless sweep picking; the bridge pickup is also known for its precise attack. Pick harmonics jump out and the whole feel is very touch sensitive, especially when used with high-gain. The powerful bass and treble response of the bridge humbucker has the effect of slightly scooping the mids, which creates a very precise and rich tone with masses of depth.
The Cold Sweat humbuckers are absolutely perfect for pushing a tube amp into natural overdrive, and they will also maintain superb definition with the full saturation of a high-gain amp.
Available in all our open coil and covered custom finishes.
Hard Rock, Garage, Grunge, Heavy Rock, Progressive and Shred Metal.
All solid-body and semi-acoustic guitars; heavily detuned and extended range guitars; any guitar needing smoother mids, controlled bottom end and a brighter cut in the highs.
- Position: Bridge
- DC Resistance: 13.7 kΩ
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Position: Neck
- DC Resistance: 8.3 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 5
Cold Sweat humbucker options
- Available in 6, 7, 8 String.
- Individual bridge, neck or calibrated bridge & neck set.
- Standard or wide space bridge.
- Vintage long leg (1/2") or modern short leg (1/4").
- Braided 2 conductor or 4 conductor hookup.
- Bobbin colours: black, cream, white, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, zebra, reverse zebra plus aged finishes.
- Covers: nickel, chrome, gold, black, brushed nickel, raw nickel, camo, tyger, black battle worn, burnt chrome plus aged finishes.