Punchy mids and crisp bottom-end give this Alnico V powered humbucker a distinctive blues-rock character with great attack.
The moderate output of the Emerald humbucker allows for a more open and clear high-end compared to hotter pickups especially when used with high amounts of preamp gain. Plain enamel hand-wound coils keep the bottom-end tight and controlled while maintaining presence in the highs with excellent pick articulation and sweet harmonics. Clean tones are tight and percussive with a clean edge to the front of each note.
When used with overdrive the Emerald will saturate really well, never sounding dark or losing definition, producing a hard-hitting crunch tone.
Available in all our open coil and covered custom finishes.
Pickup media section
Published on 1 Aug 2016
“The Emerald is definitely less low-mid focused, with smoother and more compressed...
Read existing customer reviews.Read Related Reviews
Blues Rock, Garage, Punk, Grunge, Alternative, Classic Rock, Heavy Rock and even progressive Shred.
Equally at home on any solid-body guitar or any guitar requiring a fuller tone while maintaining a very open high-end.
- Position: Bridge
- DC Resistance: 12.7 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 5
- Position: Neck
- DC Resistance: 9.6 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 4
Emerald humbucker options
- Available in 6, 7, 8 String.
- Individual bridge, neck or calibrated bridge & neck set.
- Standard or wide space bridge.
- Vintage long leg (1/2") or modern short leg (1/4").
- Braided 2 conductor or 4 conductor hookup.
- Bobbin colours: Available in all our custom open humbucker colours
- Covers: Available in all of our custom covered finishes.