The Painkiller humbucker is the ultimate high output 'Djent' humbucker with raw and focused grinding crunch, extremely fast bass response and aggressive upper mid impact.
The hi-mid peak of the Painkiller humbucker together with its powerful triple ceramic magnet design makes it the perfect pickup for progressive technical metal styles. A combination of tight, resonant lows and intense pick attack lets the Painkiller dominate and punch through any mix. Clarity is never compromised, no matter how much gain is applied or how low the tuning and, as with the Cold Sweat, pick harmonics are totally effortless.
The Painkiller neck humbucker is powered by a custom size ceramic bar magnet for masses of power and liquid-like sustain as well as matching the bridge in output. Although not the major role of a high output ceramic humbucker, clean tones have a fat, modern voice with the combination of bridge and neck being particularly good.
Available in all our open coil and covered custom finishes.
Pickup media section
Published on 1 Aug 2016
"It's a brute!"
Read existing customer reviews.Read Related Reviews
Punk, Hardcore, Hard Rock, Progressive & Djent Metal, Nu-metal, Thrash, Death Metal, Shred and Extreme Metal styles.
Any solid-body; heavily detuned and extended range guitars; any guitar needing stronger upper mid punch, faster bottom end response and a brighter cut in the highs.
- Position: Bridge
- DC Resistance: 15.6 kΩ
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Position: Neck
- DC Resistance: 13.1 kΩ
- Magnet: Ceramic
Painkiller humbucker options
- Available in 6, 7, 8 String.
- Individual bridge, neck or calibrated bridge & neck set.
- Standard or wide space bridge.
- Vintage long leg (1/2") or modern short leg (1/4").
- Braided 2 conductor or 4 conductor hookup.
- Bobbin colours: black, cream, white, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, zebra, reverse zebra plus aged finishes.
- Covers: nickel, chrome, gold, black, brushed nickel, raw nickel, camo, tyger, black battle worn, burnt chrome plus aged finishes