The Crawler humbucker has a rich, fat mid-range with sweet highs that clean up beautifully, and can produce bright split coil tones that retain plenty of output. The pickup has been developed with Procol Harum and Crawler guitarist, Geoff Whitehorn.
“Tone AND power - all I've ever wanted!” Geoff Whitehorn
Geoff's brief for his signature humbucker set was simple: he wanted it to cover all his classic tones from Crawler through to present day. As one of the UK’s most respected session players and long time Procol Harum guitarist, Geoff also wanted more power than he would have had in the past, and the pickups had to be versatile in order to work equally well in both LP and Strat style guitars; this pickup had to match the demands of his playing.
The Crawler neck humbucker is voiced like a vintage PAF, open and vowel-like, with a calibrated wind to balance in output; Geoff had decided that he wanted contemporary power from the bridge. Bass response with the Crawler is full and warm with excellent detail and the hot wind produces a smooth, natural sustain that really sings through a pushed amp.
Available in all our open coil and covered custom finishes.
Pickup media section
Keep up to date with our latest sound tests and customer reviews on our YouTube channel.Bare Knuckle Pickups
Blues, Classic Rock, Fusion, Progressive Rock, '80s Metal.
All solid body guitars particularly glued neck and bolt on neck double cut styles.
- Position: Bridge
- DC Resistance: 15.4 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 5
- Position: Neck
- DC Resistance: 7.6 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 4
Crawler humbucker options
- Available in 6, 7, 8 String.
- Individual bridge, neck or calibrated bridge & neck set.
- Standard or wide space bridge.
- Vintage long leg (1/2") or modern short leg (1/4").
- Braided 2 conductor or 4 conductor hookup.
- Bobbin colours: black, cream, white, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, zebra, reverse zebra plus aged finishes.
- Covers: nickel, chrome, gold, black, brushed nickel, raw nickel, camo, tyger, black battle worn, burnt chrome plus aged finishes